- From the Home screen, touch Menu > Settings > Accounts > Add account > Email > Others .
- Enter your Email address and Password, and touch Next.
- Your device will attempt to complete the setup process if your email server settings are available. If you select Manual setup, or your provider's settings are not loaded, you will be taken through the following steps.
- Select the type of email account you are setting up. You may choose POP3 account, IMAP account, or Microsoft® Exchange ActiveSync®. We'll walk you through setting up a POP3 account.
- Enter your incoming server settings. This should include your Username, Password, POP3 server, Security type, Port number, and Delete email from server setting. Then touch Next.
- Your device will attempt to connect to the incoming server with the settings you have entered. If the connection is unsuccessful, you will be prompted to Edit details; confirm your settings and try again. If the connection is successful, you will be taken to theOutgoing server settings screen. Enter your outgoing server settings. This should include your SMTP server, Security type, Port number, Require sign-in, Username, and Password. Then touch Next.
- Your device will attempt to connect to the outgoing server with the settings you have entered. If the connection is unsuccessful, you will be prompted to Edit details; confirm your settings and try again. If the connection is successful, you will be taken to the Account options screen. Touch Next when you have finished making your selections.
- You will be asked to give this internet mail account a unique on-screen name. The unique account name is used to differentiate this account from other email accounts on your mobile device. Enter Your name as you would like it to be displayed on outgoing messages. Touch Done to complete the setup process.
Note: By default, the Settings menu view type is set to list view. To switch to tab view, from the Settings menu, touch Menu > Switch to tab view.
Edit Email Account Settings
From the Home screen, touch Apps > Email > Menu > Settings.
Touch Account settings > "Account name" for the following options:
- Sync settings:
- Sync Email: Mark this option to keep your email in sync.
- Sync schedule:
- Set sync schedule: Select how often your device should check for new messages.
- While roaming: Select how your device should behave when you are roaming outside your wireless service provider's network.
- Peak schedule: Mark the checkbox to set how your device should behave during the defined peak schedule.
- Set peak schedule: Select how often your device should check for new messages during peak schedule.
- Peak days: Select the days of the week that are part of the peak schedule.
- Peak start time: Set the peak start time.
- Peak end time: Set the peak end time.
- Size to retrieve emails:
- Size to retrieve emails: Set an email size limit. Your device will download only the headers for emails that exceed this limit. When you open the message, you will be able to download the entire message.
- While roaming: Select the email size your device should download when you are roaming outside your wireless service provider's network.
- Signature: Touch the slider to turn Signature on . When this feature is on, your device will add the signature to all outgoing messages for this account. Touch Signature to edit the signature that will be sent.
- Default account: Set this account as the default account used for outgoing emails.
- Password: Update your password.
- Email notifications: Checking this box will cause an email notification icon to appear within the Notification Panel and the status bar when a new message for this account is received.
- Select ringtone: Assign a custom ringtone to be played when this account receives new messages.
- Vibrate: Choose to set your device to vibrate when a new message comes in.
- More settings: Touch to access the following additional settings:
- Account name: Edit the account display name.
- Your name: Change the name shown in the From field of your outgoing emails.
- Always Cc/Bcc myself: Include your email address in either the Cc or Bcc recipient field.
- Show images: Set the option to show all images when you are viewing emails.
- Security options: Set the encryption options for sending emails.
- Number of emails to load: Set the number of emails to load when starting the Email application.
- Incoming settings: Adjust the incoming email server details.
- Outgoing settings: Adjust the outgoing email server details.
The following General settings are available. These options affect all accounts you have added to your device:
- Auto fit content: Adjust messages to fit the screen. You can zoom in and out of the message after it opens.
- Message preview line: Select the number of lines the Email application should show when previewing a message.
- Title line in list: Select the title the Email application will show in the message list. Choose Subject or Sender.
- Composing and sending:
- Quick responses: Edit the quick responses you can use when creating or responding to emails.
- Default image size: Set the default size of images received in messages. Choose Original, Large (70%), Medium (30%), Small (10%), or Always ask.
- Delay email sending: Set your device to delay email sending. This lets you cancel a send request if you accidentally touch send or want to change an email after you have touched send. Touch Delay email sending, and mark the Delay email sendingcheckbox. Then touch Set length of delay, and choose a delay message setting of 3 seconds up to 30 seconds.
- Auto advance: You can choose how the Email application should behave after you delete a message. You can have the application go to the Next email, Previous email, or Email list.
- Confirm deletions: Your device will confirm your desire to delete a message when you mark this option.
- Priority senders:
- Priority senders: Manage contacts added to the priority sender list.
- Set as the default folder: Show the priority sender inbox when you open the Email application.
- Email notifications: Checking this box will cause an email notification icon to appear within the Notification Panel and the status bar when a new priority sender message is received.
- Select ringtone: Assign a custom ringtone to be played when this account receives new priority sender messages.
- Vibrate: Choose to set your device to vibrate when a new priority sender message comes in.
- Spam addresses: Edit the list of senders and domains that you have tagged as sending spam messages.
- Rules for filtering: Set filters and manage filtered email when using the combined inbox view.
From the Home screen, touch Apps > Email > Menu > Settings > Add account.
Removing an Email Account
- From the Home screen, touch Menu > Settings > Accounts > Email , and touch your account name.
- Touch Remove account.
- Confirm you would like to delete this account by touching Remove account.